Saturday, May 21, 2011

Today I am thankful - learning, sharing and babies

- for learning: each time I run a breastfeeding education class for parents expecting twins, I open up an invitation to everyone who has previously attended to come along for show and tell. It is from these parents I learn, to better teach.

- for sharing: sometimes, there is nothing I need say or do, just sit and allow the sharing magic to happen. Today, three mothers of twins shared their stories with four expectant couples. The energy in the room was palpable.

- for babies: everybody loves a baby! We had four today - a pair who were 3 months old today and another who were 11 months old today! (The nine month old set stayed home with Dad). When we took a tea break, babies were being passed from parents to parents-to-be and there were smiles all round. All were born pre-term, which was reassuring to those with a high risk of premature births.

No comments: