Friday, May 20, 2011

Today I am thankful - Aunty Becky, delivery, sharing and memories

( I was thankful yesterday, but got distracted with my crochet and forgot to blog!)

- for my Aunty Becky, who reads my blog avidly and is prompted to send me her memories inspired by my posts! Thank you - I am hopeless at replying, because I set them aside until I can do so "properly" and then times flies by. But your recollections are precious and I am honoured to be their keeper.

- for delivery - yesterday the postman delivered my order from www,alleco.com.au : several skeins of recycled silk yarns like these:

 




- for sharing: this morning we hosted a focus group at the Breastfeeding Centre, where half a dozen of us were asked about our experiences with hospitals and maternal and child health - good and bad!- to help with the development of evaluation questionnaires for patients! Like we needed to be asked twice!! And the bonus, they gave each of us a $50 Coles/Myer store card!!!!

- for memories: my old school Facebook group has brought together a select group of past students and teachers who attended in the mid/late 70s and early 80s. After sharing memories of students and teachers, discussion has turned to some of the places we hung out as teenagers, so of which would make our mothers grey overnight if they had known! And now all respectable middle-aged parents. grandparents and pillars of society ;)

And here, finally, is a photo of my Friendship Blanket crochet project in progress:



No comments: