Thursday, May 26, 2011

Today I am thankful - daughter, deciding and timing

 - for my wonderful daughter: As I started to get out of the car at work, I realised something was missing - I had left my laptop at home! I phoned Melissa, waking her on her day off, and asked if she could bring it over for me. My kids are such nice people :)

- for deciding:I have crunched some details and have decided I will make my road trip in October! I will fly to Canberra, where I can catch up with my aunt and local cousins, then hire a car and drive to Sydney the long way, visiting family and friends along the way and going into the Blue Mountains for the first time. Then I can catch up with family and friends in Sydney before flying home to Melbourne. Including the two-day conference, I figure ten days will let me do the trip at a pace I can manage and spent time with people. Here is my draft plan:


View 2011 Road Trip in a larger map

- for timing: I had already penciled in a quiet four days of rest and restoration - what I call health leave - this weekend, so while I am cross to have come down with a sore throat this afternoon, at least it comes at a time when I have no commitments. So my health leave might now be sick leave - but I am calling it crochet leave!

No comments: