Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Today I am thankful - kittens, humour and life.

- for cats who are still kittens: Frodo might be 11 years old, but he delights in my crochet wool! He sits watching it as the ball gradually unwinds and every now and then it becomes too much to bear and he reaches out a paw. He looks slightly embarrassed, like an adult caught playing with a child's toy.

- for humour: My son is borrowing my credit card to pay for an online game. As I consent, he pulls my purse from my bag and my card from my purse - I comment he really doesn't need me at all. He pretends to make off with the whole purse and I say it won't get him far. He threatens to run up overdue books on my library card! Ouch - hit me where it hurts!

- for life: as a friend's husband loses his battle with long-term illness, I am reminded how lucky I am that the health issues I face still allow me to live my life. For this, I am thankful.

No comments: