Monday, May 2, 2011

Today I am thankful - Christina Smillie, seat and friendships

- for a wonderful workshop today with the amazing Christina Smillie. Her DVD Baby-led Breastfeeding is my primary tool at the Breastfeeding Centre, as it helps mothers discover there is an alternative to the more aggressive attachment techniques they have been taught. A full day with Christina was just the most wonderful thing, as she shared the background of her approach and reinforced much of my own practice of it. I look forward to sharing what I learned with mothers, ABA volunteers and health professionals.

- for getting a seat on the train, because my legs are seriously complaining! I walked more yesterday than I realised and then decided to walk to the station this afternoon! Hopefully cancelling out the yummy food today ;)

- for friendships, old and new: today I caught up with some people I don't get to see often enough and met some new ones I hope to spend more time with! 

No comments: