Monday, February 28, 2011

Today I am thankful - mini-break, Dalek and Kobo (again)

- for a lovely, if brief, mini-break in Brisbane overnight. Really good night's sleep (exhaustion will do that!), breakfast watching the world go by and a 30 minute wander in the CBD and King Edward Park (across the road from my hotel). Then a shuttle bus out to the airport and home again, home again, jiggedy-jig.


Art In King Edward Park


My hotel reflected in the building across the road
while I waited for my shuttle!
- for the golden Dalek which has invaded Brisbane without them knowing!
Exterminate! Exterminate!
- for my Kobo e-reader, which worked wonderfully on my trip. I even finished my book on the way home on the shuttle, with less motion sickness than usual if I try to read on the road :)

1 comment:

shirlnutkin said...

oh my! love the dalek ... well ... except for when it's being a dalek :)