Saturday, February 19, 2011

52 Weeks o f decluttering - week seven, part two

Having some down time today, trying to get on top of a cold. So I thought I would catch up on the prompts from organizingjunkie for this week and last week:

Week Six Questions to ponder this week:
1.  What did you accomplish this week on your 52 weeks list?
Last week was my pantry and kitchen cabinet attack!

2.  Have you had a negative conversation check with yourself lately?
Haven't had time to pass the time of day with me, let alone talk negatively ;)

3.  Are you beginning to see new habits developing yet?
I am learning to love what I really love and ditch what I don't.

Week Seven Questions to ponder:
1.  Let’s talk stuff!  What have you tossed out this week?
Pens! I can't even recall the last time I actually paid money for pens, at home or work, so how come there are always so many? One of life's mysteries.

2.  Have you ever regretted something you’ve gotten rid of?  Why?
Yes - but oddly cannot remember a specific item! And that is probably the lesson here - stuff is just stuff and can always be replaced. Treasures can always be remembered, even if you no longer own them.

3.  How tempted are you to rush out and pick up pretty organizing containers first?
I have learned from experience that the shopping is the last step in organising, not the first. Most of the time, I already own the containers I need for the task and using them often allows me time to live with it awhile and see is it really is the right solution. But I also shop without buying a lot, so I know what is out there and can go get it when I do decide I need it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. Sometimes being sick gives us down time to think about things and plan in my head. I cannot tell you how many times I have been down with a migraine and I think "as soon as I feel better I am going to do ______", fill in the blank! I did not necessarily do it, but I THOUGHT about it!

Heather said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I like the idea that "Treasures can always be remembered, even if you no longer own them". I think I'm going to have to write that down for myself and keep it in my questions for keeping items list.