Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Today I am thankful - safe, informed and high

- for my family being close by, safe and (relatively) dry. Our hearts go out to our friends in Queensland and northern NSW, as the floods just get more and more severe. Like the Black Saturday bush fires, I am thankful to not only have my family, friends and animals safe, but also my photos and other treasures.

- for social media - Twitter and Facebook - and online 24 hours news service for keeping us up to date with how everyone is faring: status updates saying all are high and dry, or safely evacuated or even just inconvenienced are very reassuring.

- for our own home's location up a hill and nowhere near running water, because we are now expecting high rainfall over the next few days, which will be bad, but nothing like what they are dealing with up north.

No comments: