Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Today I am thankful - Melissa, interpreter and electrician

- for 27 years of having Melissa in my life! Happy birthday to my first baby, who grew to be one of my closest friends!!!!!

1984

2010
- for being able to help a mother with her breastfeeding problems today, even though I don't speak a word of Burmese and she speaks no English! The community service who brought her to us arranged an interpreter, who was also a mother of four breastfed babies, which made both our jobs much easier! And she sat and translated the narration of Christina Smillie's Baby-led Attachment as the mum watched! There are no barriers.

- for our electrician who came and replaced the blown light globes in BOTH our toilets today, because not only do neither Kintara or I have a ladder license, we also have no ladder! And it is a big ask for a woman who recently gave birth to use an unfamiliar toilet in complete darkness! (We know, we asked!)

No comments: