Monday, March 28, 2011

Today I am thankful - granola, walk and moving out!

- for this incredibly yummy Olive Oil Granola with Dried Apricots and Pistachios which I made a batch of today. I used to make my own toasted muesli years ago but got out of the habit, but this - with good olive oil which I need to include in my diet - made me realise I must get back into the habit. Now, to pace myself eating it!

- for a lovely walk in the autumn sunshine with Molly - this is my favourite time of year, when I can go outside and not be too hot or too cold.

- for the 30th anniversary of my leaving home and into my very own flat! I can't believe how quickly that time has gone and yet how long ago it seems. I had this tiny dolls-house of a Bungalow out the back of someone's house and the rent was about $26pw! I lost my job within three months of moving and was determined to stick it out, which I did, eking out my dole payments to cover the expenses until July, when I turned 18 (!) and my dole payments went up. There was a glut of pears that season and boy, did I eat a lot of them, at 10c KG! And cheese on biscuits.

No comments: