Sunday, October 30, 2011

Road Trip: Day Seven

It was about this time I renamed my trip to "Tea and Toilet Tour" - you'll soon workout why!

Waving farewell to the B&;B, I headed to the Wagga cemetary and saw, for the first time, the graves of my maternal grandparents.




Then it was on the road to my destination for the night, Bathurst, with a couple of stops along the way.
First was the tiny village of Bethungra, where my great grandparents had settled and my mother, aunts and uncle lived as children. I headed straight to the cemetery to see my great grandparents graves:





My Uncle Alan had suggested the nearby Irises to pick and place on the grave, which he had meant to do on a recent visit.

Then it was on to Temora, via Junee, where my mother was born. I bypassed Cootamundra this time, where my parents were married, as I had visited another time and had an addition to my planned itinerary: I was headed out to West Wyalong to visit my friend Jamie. But first, Temora and my dear friend Janet and her family.



Then - off to West Wyalong, a minor detour of 100kms or so! But look at the smiling face I got to see!


(photos by Issac)

Then I drove directly to Bathurst, with my companion Stephen Fry telling me all about the first 20 years of his life on CD! We made our destination by 6pm, as planned. I checked in to the Winter Rose Cottage B&B, then popped out to the local Italian restaurant for some pasta then back for an early night.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I was so glad to see you, Yvette. I was worried a 100km detour would put you off and we wouldn't get to see you!