Thursday, January 19, 2012

Needles and Pins

I have this song stuck in my head -


This post is in one form a confessional, a group heads-up. You see, for this past week I have been experiencing what is most likely a flare-up of my MS. I have numbness and "pins and needles" in my hands and feet. It is trying to decide where to settle, LOL, sometimes making both my little fingers disappear and others, it decides my feet are freezing cold. I also experienced - for the first time - two bouts of Raynauds phenomenon last Saturday, most likely associated with the whole episode.

I have made an appointment to see my GP, who will give me a new referral to my neurologist, who will send me for another MRI, which may or may not show new lesions, for which they may or may not want to treat me with steroids. Sigh.

So, if you see me and I am constantly rubbing various extremities, it is just my brain forgetting the blood isn't really cut off from them, it just feels like it - and if you see more typos, it will be the result of trying to type with numb fingertips!

Worry not, it is just a new path in the journey that is my life with MS.


No comments: