Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverb10 December 13 – Action


December 13 – Action
When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step?
(Author: Scott Belsky)
#reverb10
In Australia, the end of the year coincides with summer and the holiday season when people tend to take time off work. Therefore, there is a lot of time to make resolutions, which promptly fall over when work/school resumes and everyone falls off the wagon!
I no longer make new resolutions with the new year, rather I use it as a time to review my goals for the year gone by, tweak them if needed, then charge into the future with the same goals renewed.
2010 is nearly over and soon (after the silly season!) I will look back and look forward. Meanwhile, here is a sneak peak into my review at the beginning of the year.
You know, when I first saw this prompt, I was really challenged by it - until I realised it was the word "aspirations" that was the barrier. I think at mid-life, you don't have aspirations in the same way you do in youth - hopefully you have either already achieved them, abandoned them or you have moved in a new direction that is not so much about what you have or do, but more about who you are.
I just aspire to be alive these days :) And enjoy it!

1 comment:

Sammy Lee said...

I really enjoyed that. Very true too! I can relate to the end bit and I'm only 25! My aspirations are completely different since being a teenager and even a child. I really love the way you explained it too! Thanks for sharing xx