Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Reverb10 December 14 – Appreciate


December 14 – Appreciate #reverb10
What’s the one thing you have come to appreciate most in the past year? How do you express gratitude for it?
(Author: Victoria Klein)
Family?  ... Friends? ... Community? ...
No, needs to be health.
Once you begin living with any chronic health issue, you really appreciate good health. When you have up-and-down conditions, you get to appreciate this on a micro-level!
Living with both multiple sclerosis and fibromyalgia (I am doubly-blessed!) I never take the good days for granted. I manage my body to maximise these - with diet, exercise, stress reduction, sleep, relaxation, mediatation, supplements, natural therapies and medication. Some times it all runs like a well-oiled machine, others it is more like an old clunker that needs to be sent to the wreckers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yvette, great picture with this post :-)
There is wisdom in your post here for those living with + without a chronic health challenge. Your commitment to your health is inspiring.
Your post is a reminder for me to listen to my body's need for some bodywork this week!
For many people, (myself definately included in regard to rest this full December) it is too often that we over-ride our body's wisdom for rest, stress reduction, good food, massage + other natural therapy support.
Thanks for sharing.