Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Reverb10 December 22 – Travel

December 22 – Travel #reverb10
How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?
(Author: Tara Hunt)
Travel is something I enjoy watching others do - travel books, travel blogs, travel films ... 
Exiting Wagga Wagga in June 2008 
Me, I don't really get to travel, not anywhere very far from home, I mean! Just the way life works out - as a child, we only traveled occasionally and then only to see family interstate. As a young adult, I was home raising babies when others went back-packing and then sacrificed luxuries like holidays to be a stay at home mum with them! Our immediate family all live close by, so there is no holiday travel needed and we have never felt the need to go north for theme parks etc. Ironically, my children have traveled further than I, having all done school trips to Central Australia and my eldest back-packed in New Zealand for two years. My husband is well-traveled for work purposes and has regular trips to Japan and around Australia - it is just me that has no real excuse to go anywhere!
But do not despair that my suitcase spends all its time gathering dust. I do manage the odd weekend away and have a love of long-distance train travel which I hope to indulge more in coming years. Who knows what my second adulthood will bring - perhaps I might even venture overseas in time! But that would bring about decision making of where, a task too difficult to imagine!
However, I must share the world trip I have been enjoying online for the past couple of years - a wonderful travel blog of a couple Going Slowly around the world by bicycle - a must-read!

No comments: