Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reverb10 December 27 – Ordinary Joy


December 27 – Ordinary Joy #reverb10
Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?
(Author: Brené Brown)
It was completely unexpected. Just another day on Facebook, a conversation with my cousin's ex-wife about family memories. Then she posted this photo:
I had never seen this before!
Suddenly, I was looking at the only image I have of my parents, grandparents, my sister and I! Taken at my cousin's wedding more than 40 years ago.
Joy turns up in unexpected places. Facebook conversations lead to the unexpected. A discussion about the weather evolved into the sharing of memories, prompting a search, some scanning and - overwhelming joy!
(I am the older one!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow very nice picture I really like it