Friday, December 17, 2010

Reverb10


December 17 – Lesson Learned #reverb10
What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?
(Author: Tara Weaver)
Our weekly vegie box
I learned - again - that when I put the effort into purchasing, storing, preparing and eating good foods, my body feels great. But when I am struggling for time, energy, supplies or motivation, I turn to whatever is there, my poor body reacts with more fatigue, more aches, more grumbles and even less energy.
I reminded myself of my personal eating mantra - Every Mouthful Matters.
I discovered farmers markets and the new and improved ranges or organic foods available in the shops since the last time I paid attention. 
I embraced raw foods and enjoyed them. I learned that I love green smoothies for breakfast even more than steel cut oats!
I remembered that breakfast and lunch are the most important meals of my day, because they are the fuel to keep me going, but I don't need as much fuel at days end when I am heading off to sleep!
I worked out that I am probably gluten and lactose intolerant - or at least, my digestive system is happier if I reduce/avoid them.
I ate well.

1 comment:

shirlnutkin said...

catching up on my reverb10 lovin' and so glad to have you share your short, sweet, succinct, and sage lesson learned. love your personal mantra - every mouthful matters!