1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper - no peeking!
2. Real or artificial?
Real and personally chosen by the family and cut for us at the same tree farm.
3. When do you put up the tree?
The first weekend after December 1st that we can all arrange to be available!
4. When do you take the tree down?
January 6th, even though it is bugging me from NY!
5. Do you like eggnog?
I haven't had it since we made it in Home Ec at school! Too hot in Australia at Christmas.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My tricycle or my scooter - can't decide between them. Both red!
7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Yes and we now own two sets of figures, so I guess they will take it in turns - unless I ever get the Willow Tree set, then they will take sole centre stage!
8. Hardest person to buy for?
The Outlaws - the have whatever they want/need, and if they haven't they can buy it easily. And we have very different tastes, so ...
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My daughters - too easy!Hardest part is stopping!
10. Worst Christmas present ever received?
I can't name it here in case it gets back to the giver!
11. Email or Christmas card?
I am at a transition point. Cards only to those whom it is especially important to (like aunts!) and emails to everyone else.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Original Miracle on 34th Street, though I haven't watched it for years.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I might pick up bits and pieces prior but after Kaitlyn's end of October birthday is when it becomes a priority, though December is the peak.
14. Have you ever recycled/regifted a Christmas present?
I have donated them straight to the op shop.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Christmas pudding, turkey with cranberry sauce.
16. Favorite Christmas tradition?
Getting the kid's photo taken with Santa (23 years so far!)
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Real, proper, old Carols.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home! All the family live locally.
19. Can you name Santa's reindeer?
Dasher, Dance, Donder and Blitzen, Cupid and Comet, Prancer and Vixen ... and Rudolph! Thanks, Bing!)
20. Do you have an angel at the top of the tree or a star?
An angel and the kids take it in turns to put her up as the very last decoration.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Christmas morning, before breakfast, in jammies. Bah humbug to anyone who makes their kids dress and eat first.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
The end of school year wrapped up in the middle of it all and the uncaring school whose (next year) fees are due in the same pay period as Christmas. Shame! And it is a government school - so much for free education.
23. Best thing about Christmas?
Seeing the reaction to the gifts you have chosen with so much care and being with your family.