Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve


With a simple dinner out of the way, it was time to prepare for Carols By Candlelight on TV, my traditional Christmas Eve activity. Every candle, every tea light holder is lit around the lounge room and my bedroom. The Christmas lights are on, all other lights are off.


With Kaitlyn spending the evening with friends, there were only four of us to share an indlugence - chocolate fondue, served with marshmallows, biscotti, fresh cherries and strawberries, plus a plate of the cookies I baked.


I ended up watching Carols in bed, while they all watched part two of Terry Pratchett's Hogwatch. That's what I like about our kind of Christmas - everyone can treat themselves to their own delights!


Finally, off to bed ... the stockings were hung by the ... um, no chimney, just a cupboard!


No comments: