I thought I would put together a similar list, to remind me of the ways I look after myself when everything I touch turns to mud.
- Escape. If not actually, then mentally. If possible, head for the beach. Or bed.
- Nurture my senses. Freshen the oil burner, light the incense or candles, dim the lights. Play gentle music. Get away from noise.
- Refresh my body. Have a relaxing shower, put on my jammies, snuggle under the doona.
- Get outside. Take a walk. Potter in the garden. Breath fresh air.
- Drink tea. Herbal or black. Make it a calming ritual - use my loose teas, my tea infusers, my favourite mug.
- Disconnect. Retreat. Switch off the world. Get away from negative people.
- Surround myself with positive "people". Friends online or IRL. My
childrenadults. My dog.
- Read a book that makes me smile. Watch a program that makes me laugh.
- Move on. Plan for change. Turn over a new leaf.