Saturday, September 1, 2012

Just call me Granny!

I have been sitting on the most exciting news for the past few weeks but the announcement was made public yesterday (ie posted on Facebook!) so now I can shout it from the roof-tops!

Kaitlyn and Ashley are expecting a baby in April!!!

This will be the first grandchild for both families, so you can imagine there are smiles on all our faces. The mother-to-be is well, with just the usual symptoms as her body gets used to idea of having a baby on board.

So I am to be a grandmother - known as Granny, in honour of my English heritage. I expect I don't fit the mould of your average grandmother but it is a role I am ready for and looking forward to.

Sadly my father won't get to meet his first great grandchild, who will be born just over ten years after his death. But the baby will be born 100 years after my paternal grandfather jumped ship in Australia and started a new life here, so that is a lovely connection.

Come along and enjoy the ride! 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I'm so happy for you, dear Yvette! All the best for you and your growing family.