Thursday, December 5, 2013

Product Review: Bound By Nurture Repair Cream

When it comes to what I put on my skin, I am incredibly cautious. Since my teens, I have had reactions to all sorts of products on my face, including those designed for sensitive skin and often after a period of use!

At the same time, as I get older, my skin is becoming very dry, especially on my arms and hands, so I live in perpetual hope of finding just the right moisturiser. I am that woman sampling every natural hand cream at markets, shops and expos, hoping to find the holy grail.

Well, I certainly have a contender! I tried and bought some Bound By Nurture Repair Cream from a stall at the Casey Green Kids Expo (see, always on the lookout!) and straight away, I could see I liked it. Not greasy, not so transient I am scratching dry skin again 30 minutes later and no sign or reaction.

The cream is labelled "nurtures dry skin conditions. Plant-based skin care suitable for eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.

Bound By Nurture is a small business, run by a mum about to have her second child and only via a Facebook page. They describe the product as:
 Organic Repair Cream. 100ml - $15.
Our most popular cream is the Repair Cream. The Repair Cream is a rich, readily adsorbed cream which leaves the skin feeling moisturised and velvety smooth. It has been designed for all dry skin conditions and sensitive skin, from babies through to adults. It is safe for the whole family to use, and is very effective on all skin. The star ingredients used to make up this cream have been selected for their nourishing properties, including Avocado oil, Rosehip oil, Evening Primrose oil, Calendula Oil and Aloe Vera. It has a beautiful fragrance of German Chamomile Oil and Lavender Oil, however they have only been added for their therapeutic purposes!

No harsh chemicals, No Parabens, No artificial colours or fragrances.

I keep the cream in my bag and that was handy when we were at the Christmas Tree Farm the other day: Melissa came into contact with the tree on her neck and shoulder as she put it in her car and came out in nasty, red welts. All I had to offer relief was this cream and it did the trick, calming her skin down!

I will be getting more of this to keep on hand and also try out The Pure Soothing Balm:

About our Pure Soothing Balm:A 98% organic balm that soothes and softens rough, dry, cracked skin and minor inflammation. With nurturing calendula oil, avocado oil, shea butter and bees wax, this balm helps to calm down redness and provide intensive moisturising. This healing and enriching balm has a Mandarin Oil scent.

It can be used for all areas of the body and even helps to soften hard skin like elbows, heals and hands. Useful for stretch marks, pregnancy, healing scars and rashes including eczema and psoriasis. Also formulated for use as a nappy rash preventative. Great for Baby's bottom! Ideal for babies to adults.

No harsh chemicals, No Parabens, No artificial colours or fragrances.

It can be used for all areas of the body and even helps to soften hard skin like elbows, heals and hands. Useful for stretch marks, pregnancy, healing scars and rashes including eczema and psoriasis. Also formulated for use as a nappy rash preventative. Great for Baby's bottom! Ideal for babies to adults.
No harsh chemicals, No Parabens, No artificial colours or fragrances.

Hoping that one works wonders on my poor, sad cuticles and maybe as a bum cream for Charlie too!

No comments: